Thursday 12 May 2011

Week of 20 February 1950

Tuesday, 21 February 1950

47 Hamilton Terrace

Spent the morning in the Impressionist Rooms at the French Landscape Exhibition in Burlington House. Met Mab there. Asked her to come with me to the Albert Hall next week. She took me to munch with here at a little restaurant nearby.

In the evening I took Christa to an election meeting for the Liberal candidate. Pretty dull.

Thursday, 23 February

Polling Day

I voted about midday - Francis Thompson came with me.

Reg and Aline turned up at 6.15 and we had a light meal before starting off (by car) to the Aldwych Theatre to see Vivien Leigh in A Streetcar Named Desire. Magnificent acting, but very grim though it did not justify the storm against it when it was produced.

Friday, 24 February

Worked at Iona for a couple of hours before lunching with Mabel. Enid looked in afterwards and I came back for tea and have been listening in to electioneering results.

No comments:

Post a Comment