Friday 4 January 2013

Week of 18 April 1955

Tuesday, 19 April

47 Hamilton Terrace

Awly's coming of age birthday. I sent her off a greetings wire at 7 am from we four sisters.

Got my cheque from the Treasury.

Wednesday, 20 April

Pippa and Oswald slept here

Pippa and Oswald turned up after tea and Oswald pruned my polyanthus roses. They are dining tonight at Mansion House. I rang up Bet and heard that Awly's wedding has had to be altered to 10 am instead of 11 am. It will mean a lot of work, but the time of their plane to Majorca has been advanced an hour.

Saturday, 23 April

Sarah is twelve today. I sent her a greetings wire. Bet rang up to say Awly was not coming up tomorrow as arranged, but would come up with the others on Tuesday morning.

Sunday, 24 April

I went to morning service. Peter Bradshaw preached and I had a word with him afterwards. Walked down to Clarendon Court Hotel and saw the room I am moving into on Tuesday. Small but nice. A lot of family phoning.

Clarendon Court

No comments:

Post a Comment