Sunday 4 November 2012

Week of 12 October 1953

Thursday, 15 October

47 Hamilton Terrace - Cups Hotel, Colchester

A busy morning, packing etc. Early lunch and taxied to Liverpool St for the 2.10 train to Colchester. Drove up to Cups where Reg arrived soon after. We had tea and then walked down to the Castle. Reg has a wretched little room with gas fire not functioning so decided to move over to Red Lion tomorrow. Had a delicious dinner at the George Hotel.

Friday, 16 October

Red Lion Hotel, Colchester

Woke to glorious sunshine which reminded me of our arrival at madeira many years ago. Moved our things over to Red Lion then Reg drove me over to Troughend. I stayed for half an hour before going to walk at Wivenhoe. I stazyed till after tea when Anne drove me back with Peter and Janet to Colchester. We thought Anne looking very well.

Saturday, 17 October

Red Lion Hotel, Colchester

Reg and I slept badly after an agitating talk re Mabel's finances. I caught the 10.15 bus to Boxted and Janet and Peter came to meet me. Some people came to view Troughend and seemed to like it. Reg came along after lunch and drove Anne and me to Ringshall where we had tea with Bet and Johnny. It was a pouring afternoon and Reg was not impressed by the locality.

Sunday, 18 October

A fine day. Reg went for another walk and I went to the Parish Church, and afterwards St Mary's Hospital where Anne is going to have her baby. Talked to the Sister who showed me round. After tea Reg and I drove to Troughend and brought Anne back to the Red Lion for an aparitif, and afterwards we dined at the George. A first-class dinner and we all enjoyed ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment