Saturday 15 December 2012

Week of 4 October 1954

Monday, 4 October

47 Hamilton Terrace

I went to the Berkely Cinema this afternoon to see Never Take No for an Answer. Very attractive but I found that I had seen it before, and I had a ghastly time getting back in the rain during the rush hour. Never again.

Tuesday, 5 October

Bet came over to lunch and I saw her off afterwards at Marylebone en route to Hester. They are driving her over tomorrow to see a possible new school for Barnaby at Malvern. The evening with Awly and James, Philippa and Joan was a tearing success, I thought, and all got on like a house on fire.

Thursday, 7 October

Bet turned up from Notley at 4 o'clock bringing me lovely flowers. She had a frightful cold and cough but they had had a lovely drive to Malvern yesterday and had fixed up for Barnaby to go to St Richard's after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment