Saturday 25 May 2013

Week of 9 April 1956

Saturday, 14 April
47 Hamilton Terrace
Nicky slept here
I was out of the house by 9 am and saw Dr Cove Smith, and thank goodness he agreed to take Awly as a private patient. James met me outside and drove me back to their flat. Both of them overjoyed at my news. Nicky turned up. Very fit and good company.
Sunday, 15 April
Nicky slept here
Nicky went to the 8 o'clock service and again with me to the 11 o'clock one. Peter Bradshaw preached. After lunch we went down to the National Gallery, but I was very tired and came home very soon on my own. Just looked at the El Grecos (didn't like them), the Canalettos and the Guardis. Nicky got back for tea and later went round to Awly and James. I didn't go. Hester rang up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment