Sunday 12 July 2009

Week of 30 October 1944

Monday, 30 October

210 Coleherne Court

Felt tired and took the morning indoors. After lunch went and got my hair waved at Squirrel's, Sloane St, by Miss Heppel.

Came back here ot tea and a comfortable evening by the drawing room fire.

Tuesday, 31 October

Felt all right again today. Mabel came over in the morning and she lunched with me and Lil at the pub at the corner of Earls Court Road. Afterwards Mabel came with me to Harrods where I got a rose-coloured woolly jumper. Then went over to have my feet seen to by Miss Messenger, and then to Enid's where I met Dan. Back to tea here to meet Elizabeth Thompson.

Wednesday, 1 November

210 Coleherne Court - 179 West Heath Road

Went to Frank Butler to be fitted for a new plate.

In the afternoon out to Hampstead to take charge of Sarah whilst Grattan and Anne went to the theatre.

Thursday, 2 November

179 West Heath Road - 210 Coleherne Court

Stayed out till after tea, looking after Sarah. Anne and Grattan lunched in town and went to a cinema afterwards. I took Sarah out in the pram, and explored Hampstead.

Had the beginning of a cold and felt rather good for nothing.

Friday, 3 November

210 Coleherne Court

Went to Miss Godwins in the morning to arrange for my clothes to be renovated. Came back here to lunch to meet Graham Howe. A very pleasant meal à trois. He dropped me at Harvey Nichols where I got a nice grey utility cardigan. Then met Pips at Miss Messenger's. Had tea with Mabel and saw Enid and the Farsons afterwards. Felt coldified.

Saturday, 4 November

Lil and I busy in the morning doing household chores. Lunched at the Pub and went over to the Lyric Hammersmith where we had dress circle seats for Too True to Be Good by Bernard Shaw. Very amusing.

I felt seedy on coming back and retired to bed after a very early supper.

Sunday, 5 November

Woke full of cold, chiefly on my chest and stayed in bed all day. An appalling day of wind and rain. Mabel came over in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment