Monday 21 December 2009

Week of 16 September 1946

Monday, 16 September

Wilma and Lil slept here

47 Hamilton Terrace

I had tea with Mabel and Enid came across for a bit.

Tuesday, 17 September

Wilma and Lil slept here

Lil and I have both got colds, but she went to hospital for her treatment and the boil is much better.

The Crees came to tea, and Anne and Grattan dropped a fowl on their way back from Wenham.

Wednesday, 18 September

Wilma and Lil slept here

Lil's cold heavy and Dr Moncrieff who saw her says she ought to stay in bed for the next three days.

I felt seedy all day. Went to Sadler's Wells where Geraldine met me, to see The Rape of Lucretia by Benjamin Britten. A very fine performance but I felt too tired to enjoy it properly.

Thursday, 19 September

Wilma and Lil slept here

Lil's cold better. I felt rotten and stayed in bed all morning. I got Mrs Neal to do the necessary shopping and cooking for us. Mabel came out to tea and helped with Lil's tray, etc.

Friday, 20 September

Wilma and Lil slept here

Dr Moncrieff came to see Lil and found her much better, but advised bed for another day. I felt poorly and got her to see me too, and she has prescribed and is to see me again next week. She finds me overtired but nothing organically wrong.

Sylvia strong left a lovely basket of flowers , french beans, oranges and eggs - also the book of Irish songs she had promised to lend me.

Saturday, 21 September

Wilma and Lil slept here

Lil and I both in the house all day but she came down for tea and supper. I felt very good for nothing and rested all afternoon. Wilma went to supper with Geraldine.

Sunday, 22 September

Wilma and Lil slept here

Lil came down to lunch. I felt "a wretched shape" and did very little. Mabel came out to tea. Wilma spent the afternoon with the Bawtrees but came back for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment