Wednesday 30 December 2009

Week of 30 September 1946

Monday, 30 September

Wilma slept here

47 Hamilton Terrace

Still feeling poorly and did very little except that I went to lunch with Edgar Falkner at the Park View Hotel next to St George's Hospital. A horrid hotel and a beastly lunch, but he is a dear old man aged 84. His daughter and husband came in afterwards. They are all just starting back to Australia. I had never met any of them before.

Tuesday, 1 October

Wilma slept here

Dr Moncrieff came in the morning and found my blood pressure high - 200 - and urged me to rest a lot. She is sending another doctor to take my blood count. She first suggested my going to the hospital to get it done but afterwards said she would rather I had it done here.

Tess Bawtree came to supper and afterwards she and Wilma went to the "Britain Can Make It" exhibition.

Wednesday, 2 October

Wilma slept here

I was down at Clifton Road to do a little necessary shopping but it was quite as much as I felt up to.

Wilma and Tess went to the Piccadilly Theatre to see Skin of their Teeth. I gave them seats.

Thursday, 3 October

Wilma slept here

Felt poorly. Lil came to tea .

Friday, 4 October

Wilma and Evelyn Hepher slept here

Still feeling poorly. Mabel came to tea.

Evelyn Hepher turned up in the evening on her way back from Switzerland where she had left David at school.

Saturday, 5 October

Wilma slept here

Evelyn left early to catch a train to Cheshire where Guy has a living. Grattan came in his car and took Wilma and Lil's luggage down to Mabel's house where they picked up Lil and the remainder of her things , and went to the flat. Wilma did great work settling her in, and got back here very dirty after tea, and then dashed out to supper with Anne, etc.

A Dr Whittingham came in the morning and took a blood test.

Sunday, 6 October

Wilma slept here

I stayed in bed till nearly lunchtime.

Tess, Ray and Jenny Bawtree spent the afternoon here, but I had my tea up in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment