Friday, 10 September 2010

Week of 7 February 1949

Monday, 7 February 1949

Langley Rise

I took 2 Soneryl last night and had a lovely sleep. Boil much better but nurse gave it another dressing this morning. I attended the class which was given by Miss Jörgensen. Alice Parsons came about 3.30 and Reg at 4 o'clock. After we had talked for a bit, we all three went down to the 16th century cottage. Reg and Alice got on very well together. She bussed back afterwards and Reg came back here for a little before walking back to the Two Brewers. It was a thick fog all morning but cleared up into a grey mild afternoon.

Tuesday, February 8
A good night, and I woke to a lovely morning. I had been going to have a treatment from Miss Mortimer but she is in bed with a cold. I bussed over to Chipperfield and lunched with Reg at the Two Brewers. Afterwards we took a walk on the common and saw the Apostles Pool. I caught the 3.45 bus back and had tea here. Felt tired and went to bed immediately afterwards.
Miss Jörgensen came and sat with me for a while.

Wednesday, 9 February

I went down to the class which Doris Welsh gave and did the "on the floor exercises" for the first time.

Reg walked over in the afternoon and we had tea in the 16th century cottage and afterwards took a walk up past King's Langley Cottage.

Thursday, 10 February

A lovely morning and a good night. GH had been due at 9.45 but at 10.45 he looked in to suggest coming in the afternoon instead. I suggested instead that he should give me a miss as I didn't really feel I needed a treatment and we arranged that I should give him a "?" lunch at the16th century cottage. He drove me down there after I had joined in Miss Jörgensen's class. I then rested till after tea when I took a bus to Hunton Bridge and walked back to KL along the towpath.

Then to bed, and Miss Jörgensen looked in after supper. She thought me looking a bit tired and I felt so.

2nd interview with GH for 10 minutes.

Friday, 11 February

A splendid night and a lovely day but I felt tired and stayed in bed till tea-time. This meant missing a "spinal lesson" from Doris Wesh and looking on a at Winifred Steevens's class on eurythmics which I was sorry to have to do.

After tea I took the bus to Hunton Bridge and walked along the towpath in the direction of Watford for half an hour, picking up my return bus at Russell's Nurseries. Definitely tired today.

Saturday, 12 February

I was very tired and stayed in bed till tea time.

Doris Welsh gave me a leg massage in the morning. Miss Jörgensen sat with me in the evening - also Winifred  Steevens.

Great news from Pippa. Nicky has won the top scholarship at Cheltenham. She is only 11 years old!

Sunday, 6 February

I felt very tired and stayed in bed till three o'clock when I dressed and walked up to Carn Cottage where I had tea with Winifred and Phyllis Steevens and Audrey ?

I felt much better when I got back and stayed up till about 9 o'clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment