Thursday 2 June 2011

Week of 20 March 1950

Wednesday, 22 March

47 Hamilton Terrace

Eve came to lunch and afterwards put some catmint which Lady Fyfe had given me into the garden. We then went to Clifton Nurseries where I ordered some manure and Brompton Stocks.

Rang up Bet and got a much better report of them all. In the evening listened in to Portrait of James Joyce. An outstanding production.

Sunday, 26 March

I felt very tired and wavered about going to the Albert Hall to hear the Bach Chior in St Matthew's Passion, but I am very glad I did and felt less tired after than before. Annette McClintock with a man friend, Mrs Crawford and an unknown woman were the four others in Alice Parson's box. I lunched at a S. Ken restaurant between the morning and afternoon sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment