Friday 21 October 2011

Week of 11 September 1950

Saturday 16 September 47 Hamilton Terrace Cliffside Hotel, Woolacombe Bay A lovely morning for my start Hildegard and I trained to Waterloo and I caught the 10.50 to Morthoe. Mabel met me at Salisbury. We reached Morthoe station at 4.30. Staggered out in the teeth of the equinox gale. Had tea and unpacked and I went out on the front for a few minutes but the wind was too much for me. our rooms are very small and the lighting is bad but the sea view magnificent. Mabel spoke to Enid and Eve on the telephone. we had a very good supper. Sunday 17 September Cliffside Hotel, Woolacombe Bay we woke to a raging storm but had both had good nights. Went to morning service at Woolacombe Church. Very dead alive. After lunch Enid and Eve came over and drove us back to the Grey House where we had tea. I was delighted with it and Negley was very affable.

No comments:

Post a Comment