Thursday 29 November 2012

Week of 5 July 1954

Monday, 5 July

Ringshall Grange

Pain much less and I came down to lunch and stayed up till bedtime, but did not of course feel up to much. Bet had to be out in the evening at a Conservative meeting. We had a lovely dish of strawberries.

Tuesday, 6 July

Hester and Louise turned up at teatime, H looking tired but Louise in the pink and extremely pretty. The damage to their contents at Notley seems far less serious than I had feared. They hope the roof will be on again in a month and they will be living there again in July.

Wednesday, 7 July

Ringshall - 47 Hamilton Terrace

A lovely morning and we were able to sit out and have elevenses on the lawn. Hester drove Bet and me into Stowmarket and put me into the 2.30 through train to Liverpool St. A very comfortable journey and I had tea on the train.

Friday, 9 July

Philippa dossed down for a few hours between 4 am and 8 am.

1 comment:

  1. I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this website. I am hoping to see the same high-grade content from you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own site now ;)
    Feel free to visit my webpage ; the ultrasound institute

    ReplyDelete